CATO joined forces with Star Alliance in Australia at this year’s AFTA National Travel Industry Awards to announce an extraordinary prize giveaway with members from both organisations joining forces to give guests the opportunity to win unforgettable journeys to Europe, Asia and the Americas.
NTIA’s legendary Star Alliance-branded napkin holders once again provided eight lucky guests with the key to unlocking an unprecedented prize pool created by bringing together nine of the world’s leading airlines and eight of CATO’s top tour operators.
During the evening, eight numbers were randomly selected, with prizes including:
- a flight for two to Phuket and a seven-night Thai islands cruise on Panorama II, courtesy of Thai Airways and Peregrine Adventures
- an Air China trip for two to Beijing for a nine-day ‘Great Wall and Warriors’ excursion with On the Go Tours, taking in Xi'an, Shanghai and Suzhou
- an Air Canada flight to Vancouver for a 19-day Cosmos adventure across Canada and Alaska that includes a voyage on-board the Rocky Mountaineer and a seven night cruise to Alaska
- a flight to any EVA AIR destination across Asia and $1000 worth of luxury accommodation and tours when you get there courtesy of the Expedia Travel Agent Affiliate Program (TAAP)
- fly South African Airways to South Africa for a 15-day Grand Tour from Bench Africa that includes 'Big Five' game viewing in Kruger National Park and a journey through Swaziland and Zululand on the way to beautiful Cape Town
- a trip for two with Air New Zealand to Chicago (via Auckland) for an eight-day Globus tour of the Great Lakes, including a visit to Mackinac Island on Lake Huron where bicycles and horse-drawn carriages are the only means of transportation
- a journey to Zurich flying with Singapore Airline and the Lufthansa Group for a seven-day Insight Vacations 'Magical Switzerland' tour taking in Lake Geneva, Zermatt and a voyage on the famous Glacier Express.